Saturday, September 26, 2009

Photo Notes: Shooting Darilyn


Hey everyone it's Heather back at ya again. I've been having a wonderful time going out on campus and taking photos. I really enjoyed shooting Darilyn Rowan. She is an amazing teacher, photographer, and woman. We really got to have a ton of fun together. We went out at about 10 a.m. and walked around campus looking for good lighting and backdrop. We ended up shooting in some beautiful diffused lighting by some roses and the cashier's office. I shot a ton of photos! Some to test lighting and color, and once my camera was set, then i started to shoot Darilyn.

I took about 30 images of her. Some were just profile shots, only being the side of her face. Others were full length shots, much like the one that ran in issue 2 of EC Union News. I am so honored to take images of Darilyn Rowan. Especially because i am a photographer myself and i find it to be very uncomfortable to be on the other side of the camera. I would assume, much like me, that she would rather be on the other side of the camera. I am great full she has given me the instruction and opportunity to shoot her.
One of the hardest parts was that as her student I have to make it perfect. Not to mention, she is a world recognized photographer. That is very intimidating and a lot to live up to and impress. I was really happy with the images that were made of her and so was she. I was mortified at minor mis-print errors, but she went out of her way to let me know how much she loved it. I feel so accomplished as a photographer getting her warm recognition and I find it inspiring. This one shoot has given me a huge confidence boost. Although I will continue to learn to be a better photographer, this is a significant shap shot in my photographic experiences and learning. For info about photo on campus check out Darilyn's photo blog at http://reginarowanart.wordpress.com/.

<3 Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment